The Famous “Chapel of the Holy Cross” at the Byway’s north end
Designed by a Frank Lloyd Wright student, Marguerite Brunswig Staude, the Chapel was built in 1956 and rises 200 feet from the ground. One of the most distinctive features is a 90-foot cross, which can be seen from the Byway.
There are no Mass services but a Taize Evening Prayer Service is held Mondays at 5pm. It’s an ideal setting for spiritual reflection as well as incredible red rock views. Admission is free, but donations appreciated.